Hair Care: The No-Poo Method for Shiny Hair


My blue eyes turned green with sheer jealousy when shampoo ads came on the TV. I envied the beautiful women swinging and flipping their luxuriously long shiny hair. Their glossy locks were annoyingly perfect, without a single split end or frizz to be found. My hair was not so perfect or shiny.

As a beauty product addict, I snatched up every shampoo that promised me shiny healthy hair. I bought expensive brands, inexpensive brands, sulfate-free products, amino acid enhanced, no-lather, non-surfactant, all natural, and even just for blonde hair products. My hair was still not swing or flip worthy.

One night I ran out of shampoo and day after day I kept forgetting to buy more. I was surprised to find that my hair didn't look or smell unwashed even after a few days with no shampoo. After a week of no shampoo my hair was soft and glossy! The solution to my dull hair dilemma was to stop using a product.

The No-Poo Method of hair care is simple; don't use shampoo.

As you stand in the shower use your fingertips to massage your scalp using just warm water. This feels so good! The massage loosens up hair products and dirt so they can rinse away. It also helps your natural oils spread from the hair follicles all through your hair giving your hair a nice sheen. For normal or dry hair, conditioner is still a must. If you have long hair, collect your hair as if you are making a pony tail and apply your conditioner of choice to the pony tail section and rinse as usual. If your hair is short, simply apply conditioner to the ends. That's it!

If you have naturally oily hair or skin you may doubt that this No-Poo Method is for you. The first 7-10 days without shampoo your hair may feel oily to you. If you feel the need to disguise unwashed hair, tie your hair back in a pretty ponytail or push your hair away from your face with a headband. But don't give up! After the first week your scalp will not produce as much oil and the oily feeling will clear up and your hair will look and feel amazing.

I have to admit that once every 3 weeks or so I massage a little bit of apple cider vinegar into the roots of the hair around my face and let it rinse though the rest of my hair. Be careful to not let vinegar get in your eyes. I am a runner and a swimmer and it is not unusual for me to come in from gardening with real dirt in my hair, so sometimes my hair needs some cleansing. The apple cider vinegar will wash out dirt and any leftover residue from gel and hair spray.

These days I swing and flip my super shiny locks in every reflective surface I pass. But don't hate me because I'm beautiful! Try the No-Poo Method and before long you will be swinging and flipping your spectacularly shiny hair, too. And use the money you're now saving to buy that juicy new lip gloss you've had your eye on.

Lacey Bloom is a freelance writer for various online sources.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lacey_Bloom
Photo Source: www.cmedicine.info

Comments

Popular Posts